Sunil Chhetri

Comments

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    lol what kind of people are joining these days :-))

Oneday in goal.com I saw someone blaming Sonia Gandhi for making Savio Indian coach. Another guy brought Hindu-Muslim-Chiristian analysis of poor performance of Indian team.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Latest on Sunil Chetri (copied from facebook discussions)-

After the Air India match, the fans were understandably angry with his performance and were abusing him, he came red faced towards the Fans after the match and tried to enter the stands...Prasanta Da (Coach) interrupted and took him away ....

Now just before the all important DEMPO match, he is going to Dubai to sit with Joe Morrison & co. to comment about UEFA Champions League games on Ten Action...

Better professionalism expected from Indian captain...or I am wrong here?
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    now i feel he is crossing the limit high time...
    will one expect a van persie to be for a netherland football show when his team is looking for top 4 spot in EPL???(used this eg as there is increased no of fans for this club :\">)
    same is what MB fans are expecting from sunil and i dont find anything wrong in their attitude and sunil is just doing too much mainly after the recent saff championship i feel so
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Although as a MB follower, I would no doubt agree that our fans (same for EB) have a tendency to over-react (but then if there is no passion, why be a fan!!!!)...the players shouldn't take their stardom granted... Bhaichung also did same (skipping practice to join a dance show)...but Bhaichung did that at the end of his career (although it was unprofessionalism)...Sunil is midway in his career, he needs to be careful....see i league, a lot of yougster strikers are showing their potential, a strict coach can any day drop him from 1st XI....

See, I am no Sunil hater, infact he is the only hope of having a decent Indian striker, but I cant accept the way he is losing it and MB having to suffer for this (MB already playing with only 1 foreigner)
  • Maybe Sunil is frustrated. I rewatched the SAFF Cup and AFC Challenge Cup highlights and he looks pissed off.

I think he thinks he is better than India now.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Maybe Sunil is frustrated. I rewatched the SAFF Cup and AFC Challenge Cup highlights and he looks pissed off.

Pissed off of what?? Playing chances or money or fame?? I think he is over confident and getting in rather already into arrogant mindset.
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Maybe Sunil is frustrated. I rewatched the SAFF Cup and AFC Challenge Cup highlights and he looks pissed off.

Pissed off of what?? Playing chances or money or fame?? I think he is over confident and getting in rather already into arrogant mindset.

That is what I am saying. The guy had like 6 months with Sporting Kansas City (then Kansas City Wizards) and then had a week with Rangers in Scotland. He also trained with Coventry and Queens Park Rangers and was considered good but failed with the work documents. I think that as soon as he came back from Rangers he saw the poor quality of the Indian footballers and coaches and the poor infrastructure that he is wondering "WTF am I doing playing in India! I should be in Europe". That is why he is going to do that Champions League show, clubs watch these previews as well. As soon as the announcer says "Star Indian Captain Sunil Chhetri" his name will be out there along with people knowing he is captain. Teams will swoop in, look at his videos and may sign him. He already has a few offers.

That is what I meant. I bet when the season is over, he has no tournaments and the transfer window is closed he will be out going abroad.
  • So Sunil Chhteri, who has never topped scoring charts in I-League or even crossed the 12 goals mark in I-League, suddenly thinks he is too good for I-League? On what basis does he think "I should be in Europe" ? Is it because he notched up dozens of goals in USA? Please don't tell me it's because of his goals against SAFF teams.
  • Anwar Ali trained at Coventry City also, maybe he should dream of playing Europe too.
  • Anwar Ali trained at Coventry City also, maybe he should dream of playing Europe too.